This site has mentioned the “The Great Escape UK” unconference next Wednesday a few times; tickets are still available with registration open until at least Sunday. That ticketing page confirms the venue (a mile from the coach station, half a mile from the railway station) and sets the tone and suggests what might be in store. Definitely room for more owners, would-be owners, enthusiasts and those who just want to learn a lot more, myself firmly included.
Conversations I would be interested in having next Wednesday include:
- What does the future of exit games look like? (I think there is no one future, but many different parts of the future…)
- What does the UK market really look like at the moment – what is the survey (discussed yesterday) not properly capturing?
- What other sorts of puzzle adventures are there to enjoy? I talk about quite a few on this site, but there must be others that I know very little about and would love to know much more about.
- What are the characteristics of an excellent exit game employee, how might they be recognised and rewarded?
- …and doubtless many, many more that I look forward to being pleasantly surprised by.
Hope to see you there!